Monday, January 9, 2012

Never be careful with what you wish for, Part Two.

Today my manager gave me the best and most fitting gift.

This is the day after I followed The Flinch's advice to take a mug, break it, and clean it up. Why? Because it's scary and weird to do something like this, and you know you'll have to take care of the mess. However, sometimes scarier things than broken mugs can happen to a person, and you have to stretch do the deepest corner of your soul and dig through your strengths and weaknesses to find out how it is you'll take care of this truly, messy mess.

Breaking the mug is just a way to reinforce to yourself that yes, you can clean this up. It's unpleasant, but you cleaned it up, right? Not so bad.

BUT BACK TO THE GIFT.

My fellow employees, manager and I are all individually brainstorming brand new business ventures. We have three weeks to come up with a plan that covers finances, logistics, creative, what have you necessary to launching a new business. We're starting this out imagining that we've got up to $50,000 start up capital, and we have to project and explain how we will make this money back over the course of 12 months.

The business can be somewhat far-fetched, but these ideas must be realistically profitable.

In the meantime, we're putting a halt on all business as usual. That means for 3 weeks full-time, I'm contemplating the business I would start.

And there you go, business school was not what I needed. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment